Dr. Seyat Polat
Dr. Seyat Polat
Bachelor’s degree: Primary School Teacher, Niğde University, Faculty of Education, Niğde-Turkey (2004)
Master’s degree at Selçuk University Konya-Turkey, on the subject of “The effect of teaching based on metacognitive strategies on 5th grade students’ achievement in science and technology course” (2010)
Doctorate at Necmettin Erbakan University, Konya-Turkey, on the subject of “Multifaceted examination of critical thinking skill instruction” (2014)
- Private School, Teacher, Konya-Turkey (2004-2012)
- Private School, Assistant Director, Konya-Turkey (2012- 2015)
- Mevlana University, Konya-Turkey (2015-2016)
Collaboration in Research Projects
- 131410005 Numbered “Multifaceted examination of critical thinking skill instruction” BAP Project. 2012-2014. (Researcher). Turkey
- 113K302 Numbered “Observing the applications in the framework of technological-pedagogical-field knowledge (TPACK) and creating an online case library” TÜBİTAK Project.2013–2014. (Scholarship). Turkey
- AiS-SG-SP-2021-02 Numbered “Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Language (JSSAL)” is supported by academics in solidarity, Small Grant Project. 2021. Germany
Journal Articles (peer-reviewed)
- Polat, S. & Turan, F. (2020). Analysis of the objectives and teacher practices in preschool curriculum in terms of revised Bloom’s taxonomy. International Journal of Social, Political and Economic Research, 7(2), 292-310. https://doi.org/10.46291/ijospervol7iss2pp292-310
- Polat, S. (2020). Multidimensional analysis of the teaching process of the critical thinking skills. Research in Social Sciences and Technology, 5(2), 134-157. https://doi.org/10.46303/ressat.05.02.8
- Özcan, A. & Polat, S. (2016). Values that faculty members want students to have, International Online Journal of Educational Sciences, 8(1), 138-149. http://dx.doi.org/10.15345/iojes.2016.01.012
- Polat, S., & Ay, O. (2016). Meta-synthesis: A conceptual analysis, Journal of Qualitative Research in Education,4(2),52-64. https://doi.org/10.14689/issn.2148-2624.1.4c2s3m
- Yurt, E., & Polat, S. (2015). The effectiveness of multiple intelligence applications on academic achievement: A meta-analysis, Journal of Social Studies Education Research,6 (1),84-122. https://jsser.org/index.php/jsser/article/view/325/317
- Polat, S. (2015). The evaluation of qualitative studies in turkey about critical thinking skills: A meta-synthesis study, International Online Journal of Educational Sciences, 7(3),229–243. https://doi.org/10.12738/estp.2015.3.2658
- Polat, S. (2015). Content analysis of the studies in turkey on the ability of critical thinking, Educational Sciences: Theory&Practice,15(3),659-670. https://doi.org/10.12738/estp.2015.3.2658
- Polat, S., & Özcan, A. (2014). The opinions of elementary school teachers on the use of smart board, Kastamonu Eğitim Dergisi, 22(2), 439-455. https://dergipark.org.tr/en/pub/kefdergi/issue/22602/241513
- Polat, S., & Çalışkan, M. (2013). Examination of secondary students’ value orientations in terms of some variables, Uludağ Üniversitesi Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi,26(2),387-404. https://dergipark.org.tr/en/pub/uefad/issue/16698/173585
- Polat, S. (2013). Teaching mathematic with origami, Mustafa Kemal Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi,10(21).15-27. https://dergipark.org.tr/en/pub/mkusbed/issue/19547/208148
- Polat, S., & Uslu, M. (2012). The effect of teaching based on metacognitive strategies on 5th grade students’ achievement in science and technology course, Uşak Üniversitesi Sosyalbilimler Dergisi,5(3),28-43. https://dergipark.org.tr/en/pub/usaksosbil/issue/21645/232690
- Polat, S., & Baş, G. (2012). Effect of 5E constructivist learning model on students’ academic achievement level in social studies course, Çankırı Karatekin Üniversitesi, Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi,3(2),69-92. https://dergipark.org.tr/en/pub/jiss/issue/25910/273077
Selected Conference Contributions
- Polat, S. (2013). Ortaokul öğrencilerinin değer yönelimleri, [Examination of secondary students’ value orientations in terms of some variables] 2. Uluslararası Sosyal Bilgiler Eğitimi Sempozyumu, Aksaray.
- Polat, S. & Çalışkan, M. (2014). 21. Yüzyıl öğrenme becerileri, [21st century learning skills] 1. Uluslararası Eğitimde Değişim ve Yeni Yönelimler Sempozyumu, Konya.
- Özcan, A. & Polat, S. (2014). Öğretim elemanlarının öğrencilerde görmek istediği değerler, [Values that faculty members want students to have] Uluslararası Sosyal Bilgiler Eğitimi Sempozyumu, Ankara.
- Polat, S. & Özcan, A. (2014). Sınıf öğretmenlerinin fen ve teknoloji öğretimine yönelik tutumları, [Attitudes of classroom teachers towards science and technology teaching] İnternational Conference on Education in Mathematics, &Science Technology, Konya.
- Turan, F., Polat, S. & Kanık, M. (2016). Views of student teachers in preschool education program on practicum, II. 14th International JTEFS/BBCC Conference Sustainable Development, Culture, Education. Konya.