85276 Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm
Tel. (GER): +49 152 32006636
Tel. (Palestine): +97 2599 787895
- 04/2016 – ongoing: Visiting Scientist, Empirical Educational Research, Department of Pedagogy, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany. Research project: Detrimental Effects of an Economic Crisis on Student Cognitive Achievement – a Natural Experiment from Palestine.
- 12/2015: Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Research, Assessment Research Center, The University of Melbourne, Australia. Thesis: The Factors Influencing Eighth Grade Student Achievement in Mathematics in Public Schools of Palestine using Trend International Math and Science Study (TIMSS) 2011 Data using Multiple Regression and Decomposition techniques, Distinction. Supervisors: Associate Professor Esther Care, Dr Zhonghua Zhang Z & Dr Bruce Beswick.
- 06/2013: Master’s in Applied Statistics, Birzeit University, Palestine, Study Emphasis: Linear Regression, Mathematical Statistics, Experimental Design, Non-Parametric Statistics, Categorical Data-Analysis, Survey Sampling, Population and Development, Demography, Managerial Economics and Research Methodology. Master Research project: Using the Multi-Level Modelling to Identify the factors that explain the variance in Mathematics achievement using TIMSS 2011 data for Eight Grader in Palestine, Distinction, Supervisor: Dr Tareq Sadeq.
- 04/2001: Bachelor’s degree in mathematical economics, Birzeit University, Palestine.
- 06/1996: Metrication exam , Tamoun Secondary school
- Ministry of Education & Higher Education, Palestine (Full time) – Assessment and Evaluation Centre
- Since 01/2020 : Director of Assessment and Evaluation Department
- 01/2012 – 01/2020: Head of Statistical Analysis and Research unit
- 04/2006 – ongoing: Data Manager and Senior Statistician
- 04/2002 – 04/2006: Statistician
- 04/2001 – 04/2002: Mathematics Teacher, Secondary Boys School, Ramallah
- Bisharat, K., Christ, A., & Kröner, S. (2020). Detrimental effects of an economic crisis on student cognitive achievement–A natural experiment from Palestine. Intelligence, 79, 101435. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intell.2020.101435
- Matar, M., & Bisharat, K. (2008). Analysis of factors related to mathematics teachers and their effects on the achievement of students studying in government and UNRWA schools in Palestine. In P. Lietz, H. Wagemaker, O. Neuschmidt, & J. Hencke. (Eds.), Educational Issues in the Middle East North Africa Region (pp. 89-102). Hamburg, Germany: IEA Publication.
- Matar, M., & Bisharat, K.(2008). Palestinian National Authority. In I. V.S. Mullis, M. O. Martin, J. F. Olson, D. R. Berger, D. Milne, & G. M. Stanco (Eds.), TIMSS 2007 Encyclopedia: A Guide to Mathematics and Science Education Around the World, Volume 2. Boston: TIMSS & PIRLS International Study Center.